So I bought my Saldanha middlecut coupon and snapped it on SnapnSave and then wasn’t really sure how I wanted to eat them. I started browsing the Saldanha website to see if there were any suggestions and I found a Nachos recipe! I absolutely love Nachos and I’m always craving them so I gave this a try.
- 1 x 400g can Saldanha Middlecut OR Pilchards (Get R3 cashback)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 packet nachos
- 400g packet sweet & sour sauce
- 1 – 2 avocados
- 125ml sour cream
- ½ cup cheese, grated (Get R1.25 cashback on SnapnSave)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 30ml oil (Get R1.25 cashback on SnapnSave)
- Heat the oil.
- Fry onion, tomato and peppers.
- Add sweet & sour sauce to the pan and warm through.
- Add drained and flaked middlecut or pilchards and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide packet of nachos in two.
- Place half in a well-greased ovenproof casserole dish.
- Spoon middlecut or pilchards mixture onto chips.
- Continue alternating with chips and fish mixture and top with cheese.
- Place under grill for 10 – 15 minutes.
- To make the guaçamole, mash avocado in a bowl and mix with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove nachos from oven and top with guaçamole and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
Takes about 30 minutes.
This was absolutely delicious and I can’t wait to make again.
Happy Snapn and Happy Cookn! 😉
Recipe and image via Saldanha Middlecut Cookbook